INTRODUCTION TO WE ARE BOOMING

Friday, September 3, 2010

Missing Andy

Hello Baby Boomers,
I can't believe it is now September - my birthday month. I will be turning 61 and I am missing my son Andy who died at the age of 19, six years ago. I grabbed my locket with Andy's picture in it to wear today. It has a lock of his hair tied with an orange ribbon - his favorite color. I have been missing him so much. I feel guilty having a life span that has tripled his. This earth would be such a better place with him being here, sharing his smile and saving animals. Sometimes I can get through the day, smiling when I think of him, and at other times, I can't catch my breath. I wanted to post a beautiful tribute sent to me by his friend, Gavin. It took place at Gavin's home on his 6th birthday party in 1990. Please click below on "Andy and Friends" to view. It is always painful to see my beautiful son laugh and enjoy life without a care in the world. At the ending shot, he is standing next to his good friend Andy Gathers who died a few years ago as well. Even though this blog is for my generation, I will continue to devote my time and energy fighting drug and alcohol abuse among teens and young adults. You can access Andy's Foundation at www.andysfoundation.com. Peace, Andy's Mom, Elaine

1 comment: